Hungarian Goulash Soup
Classic hungarian meal, well suited for parties and alike
Table of Contents
- Side Dishes
- German Version
A classic eastern european hearty soup made with meat and bell pepper taste.
For four people
- 100 gr Onions
- 50g Oil
- 5g caraway
- 5 teaspoons paprika powder
- 500gr meat (pork or beef)
- 2 to 4 potatoes (depending on the size)
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsley roots
- 1 teaspoon “Gulyáskrém”
- Cut meat into pieces, roughly 2cm edge length
- Cut potatoes into similarly large pieces
- Cut carrots and roots into thick slices
Use a large pot and heat up the oil. Add onions, pepper powder and caraway. When steamed, add the meat and roast it. Salt the meat. When the meat is brown, add water, carrot and root pieces, potatoes and the Gulyáskrém and let it boil until the meat is well done and soft.
Best eaten with a hearty bread, or if you want to be fancy: rice!